Date: Jan 17, 2024
Pernis, ZH, NL
Grounded by a history that is deeply rooted in innovation, Hexion is a global employer committed to building and protecting the future by producing innovative performance materials. Our materials are the building blocks for critical industries, including construction, agriculture, energy, automotive, and infrastructure protection. Everywhere you look, you will find our materials and people at work to help customers make products that are stronger, safer, and cleaner. When you work for Hexion, you'll join a team that is committed to operating safely and with integrity to build a more sustainable future for all, our associates, our customers, and the communities where we live and work.
Ensuring that day-to-day and long-term Maintenance and Turn-Around Planning & Scheduling and the MRO of the Technical organization are executed safe, within the agreed quality, time, and budget to optimize the production facilities norms.
Contribute to the preparation of preventive and corrective Maintenance, Turnarounds and Projects in accordance with the applicable procedure. This includes, optimizing material management and continuing to improve the Planning & Scheduling and Warehouse departments. All of this in collaboration with execution and operation, and within the Hexion strategy, processes, procedures and HSE standards to increase the operational performance.
The Manager Planning reports to the Technical Manager. She/he is part of the Technical Management Team.
- Accountable for the development of best practice, quality improvement and implementation of policies and procedures around Planning & Scheduling and Warehousing (MRO);
- Accountable for the correct preparation, full implementation of preventive maintenance (PM06) and the optimization of it including the on-time delivery of annual MI scope;
- Accountable for up-to-date payments of the contractors;
- Accountable for management of the preparation for all activities within the (predetermined) budget and agreed time against the agreed quality standards;
- Responsible for maintaining, improving and updating Planning & Scheduling management systems and keeping the work processes available in the MPBS for the Planning & Scheduling and Warehouse team;
- Responsible for quality improvement of the overall work packets of the Planning & Scheduling department;
- Accountable for compliance with all local HSE/Q policies and Hexion guidelines applicable to maintenance preparation and MRO;
- Accountable for the HSE/Q performance of the direct reports;
- Announcing and maintaining the relevant procedures and instructions in the maintenance team and sharing this with contractors before they start working.
- Accountable for quantitative and qualitative staffing of under laying teams (Maintenance/Turn-Around Planners and schedulers and the team operating in the Warehouse;
- Accountable for performance management of under laying teams by setting objectives/KPI's and review and assess ongoing performance;
- Accountable for implementing and executing HR programs and policies;
- Coaching and developing of a high performing Planning & Scheduling team that meets agreed objectives and which delivers best practice results, added value and continuous improvements;
Strategic Focus and Direction:
- Exhibits knowledge of key customer organizations and processes;
- Nurtures and enhances relationships with counterparts at customer and is an advocate for the customer;
- Exhibits an understanding of the strategic plan through alignment of goals, objectives and work performance;
- Contributes to business progress through functional expertise;
- Contributes to the business in a value-building way;
- Seeks challenges and works to resolve difficult situations;
- Contribute to new business initiatives and projects and review and communicate the impact on Maintenance activities.
Trust and Teamwork:
- Presents information and ideas in an articulate and organized manner (verbal & written);
- Work as part of the Technical management team to share ideas and improve operation, recommending, supporting and implementing continuous improvement activities and process and procedure improvements to optimize results.
- Seeks feedback and acts to improve personal and professional performance;
- Analyzes information and contributes ideas to the decision-making process;
- Exhibits skills in participative and collaborative decision-making process;
- Shares resources, knowledge and skills to enhance the organization;
- Leads team in analyzing and resolving problems;
- Seeks opportunities and formulates actions to create efficiencies;
- Proactively contribute to creating a good team atmosphere;
- Accountable following safety regulations as a role model and pro-actively signals improvement potential;
- Nurtures and enhances relationships with associates, vendors and customers by treating them in a consistent and fair manner;
- Models Hexion's core values. Recognizes inappropriate actions or behavior and acts in an ethical manner to correct the problem;
- Exhibits perseverance and focus in the face of adversity;
- Seeks and embraces change by challenging the status quo;
- Ensure learning and development takes place;
- Demonstrates knowledge and incorporates cultural differences in actions.
Achieve Business Results:
- Designs and implements practices and procedures that enable others;
- Completes assignments on time and on budget;
- Exhibits a sense of responsibility and urgency toward goal accomplishment;
- Directs resources for effective, efficient and timely use;
- Applies functional expertise;
- Develop, implement and manage key performance indicators (KPI's) for each area of responsibility;
- Coaches and holds accountable individuals and teams to meet mutually agreed-upon expectations;
- Driver of continuous improvements.
- Acts and interacts on an Bachelor level;
- Technical background;
- Minimum of 10 years relevant experience, preferably in an international environment;
- Minimum of 5 years leadership experience;
- Experience and knowledge planning/scheduling, materials methods and financial control;
- Experienced in development of standards and procedures.
- People manager;
- Leadership skills;
- Team player;
- Strong communication skills on both strategic and operational level;
- Excellent Dutch and English language skills, both written and verbally.
We are an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, minority status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any characteristic protected by law.
In order to be considered for this position candidates are required to submit an application for employment through our career site, be at least 18 years of age, willing to take a drug test, submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process, as well as additional periodic background checks as required by the Chemical Facility Anti-Terrorism Standards (CFATS) or regulations adopted by the department of Homeland Security or other regulatory agencies.
Candidates are required to have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States.
If currently an employee of the Company, you must have current satisfactory work performance and in most cases, have been in your current role for 18 months.
Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee about this position. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee of the Company via email, the Internet, or in any other form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of the Company; no fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by the Company as a result of the unsolicited referral or through other means.
Cookie Consent Manager
|onbekend – onbekend
|Uren per week:
|1 – 40
Heb je interesse in deze vacature en wil je graag op deze functie solliciteren? Neem dan contact op met Hexion via onbekend of onbekend. Of bezoek hun website onbekend.